How to Podcast Like a Pro
How do I get started in podcasting?
That’s a question lots of people ask me. It’s a great question… in fact, starting my first podcast in 2009 was what ultimately led me to me making a total career change from working in science and medicine to becoming a voice actor!
Podcasting is such a fun hobby, and can even turn into a business if that’s where you want it to go. But before you start your first podcast – please ask yourself this one question…
(And funny enough… I also voiced the intro bumper for Liberty.me, which is heard at the very beginning of the show!)
Also mentioned on this show…
Stephanie’s Podcasting Equipment Suggestions
- Blue Microphones Snowball USB Microphone (Gloss Black)
- Blue Microphones Yeti USB Multi-Pattern Microphone with Full Size Studio Headphones and Knox Pop Filter for Yeti Microphone
- Audio-Technica AT2005USB Cardioid Dynamic USB/XLR Microphone
- Audio-Technica AT2020USB Cardioid Condenser USB Microphone
- Electro Voice RE-20 Cardioid Microphone
- MXL WS-002 Foam Windscreen (fits on all of the microphones listed except for snowball and AT 2005, which don’t need it)
- On Stage ASFSS6 GB Dual Screen Pop Filter
- Audio-Technica ATH-M20x Professional Headphones (budget headphones)
- Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone (good headphones)
Albert’s Podcasting Setup
- Audio-Technica ATR2100 USB Mic
- Roland R-05 Digital Recorder
References & Links
Would you like to interview me or hire me for your next audio project? Get in touch!