Perhaps everyone’s always telling you that you have a nice voice and you ought to do voice work. But where to begin? How do you get started in the business?
Or, maybe you’re just beginning your career in voiceover, and want to get on the fast track toward success. How do you shorten the learning curve, start making money right away, and avoid the common mistakes that new VO talents make when starting out?
I’m Stephanie Murphy, PhD. I have been working with my voice since 2009, and I currently enjoy a full-fledged career in voiceover, booking jobs daily.
Here’s a podcast where I describe my career transition to working as a voice actor, and give some tips for those who are starting out in voice acting.
I am available for voiceover coaching:
- by Skype for private, one-on-one sessions
- as a webinar host or panelist
Why would someone want to work with a voiceover coach?
Areas where voiceover coaching can help you include:
- Setting up your studio
- Choosing the right equipment for your budget and purposes
- Troubleshooting your audio recording setup and sound quality
- Putting together your demo
- How to get the most out of the auditions that you send
- Figuring out your voiceover niche
- Helping you set your rates and put quotes together
- Which online casting sites to use, and which to avoid
- Delivering copy like a pro – how to bring a script to life with your voice
- Vocal warmup and exercises
- Your website, social media, and online presence as a voiceover artist
- Your biggest questions and concerns about voiceover addressed.
Voices.com webinar on auditioning – August 2014 (more info will be linked when available)
Udemy courses (more info will be linked when available)
For info about voiceover coaching rates and availability, please contact me!
[contact-form to=’firstname.lastname@example.org’ subject=’Inquiry about voiceover coaching’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Tell me 1 – 3 things you%26#039;d like to get help with through voiceover coaching’ type=’textarea’/][contact-field label=’What time zone are you in%26#x002c; and what times are you available generally?’ type=’textarea’/][/contact-form]